Here I describe typical requirements and considerations for the adoption of or migration towards service-orientation.
requirements and considerations for migration to SOA
- A unique SOA transition plan is needed to plan the migration on a technological, architectural and organizational level. The plan is unique to the requirements, constraints and goals of an organization. It’s balanced between tactical requirements and strategic benefits of service oriented computing.
content of a transition plan:
- organizational business vision
- impact analysis
- dynamic transition architectures
- phasing strategies
- estimated inventory scopes
- A central repository is needed for all documents.
- The amount the agnostic solution logic increases the application-specific logic decreases. The overall solution logic is reduced because of the shared and reused agnostic services